Little Hiccups is a Leeds based support group that has been set up by two mums, Linsay and Jenny who both have children with special needs.
Through personal experience they recognise the importance of allowing the parents and families of a child with a disability the opportunity to meet people in similar situations, to make friends and support each other.
While parents have a chance to chat to other carers in similar situations, children are able to learn through play, make friends and have fun!
Activities include arts and crafts, day trips, guest speakers and social events for parents/carers.
Little Hiccups in the coming year is working hard to fundraise to provide:
1) Weekly tot session for under 5's for children with special needs and disabilities. We aim to provide a place where parents/carer's can go with their children where they can relax in a safe environment and meet other families in similar circumstances.
2) A weekend activity out and about on a monthly basis for all the family (and our special children that have started school!) that cannot make the weekly session and because we recognise that the whole family is involved.
3) To create an Out Reach Service for those families who need more one-to-one support.
4) To raise funds for a Beach Buggy to hire out to families to enable children in wheelchairs to access the beach.
5) To raise funds for a fun-filled short Little Hiccups Holiday with a support service so that families are able to relax and enjoy themselves in the knowledge that their little ones are safe.
With your support and the money we raise we can help some very special children and their families to make memories they can treasure forever.
Site designed and maintained by Appen Creations