We are running a set of courses with KokoPie. You are welcome to book on as many as you feel would be suitable for you. We will be running each course both in-person and online to try and make it accessible for everyone.
Each in-person course will have a max of 15 attendees and will be in a Workshop format. Workshops will include printed material for attendants such as a workbook and/or definition of terms.
Zoom sessions are to provide a follow-up opportunity for those attending the in-person workshops. Those unable to attend the in-person education event are also welcome to join in on the zoom session.
The course will run 10am-12pm and there will be lunch provided afterwards as well as time for questions for the in-person course. When booking, please do let me know of any dietary requirements.
We apologise – but these courses are not suitable for children and there is no childcare available.
Intro to Autistic Children, Distress Behaviours and Providing Support
Goals of the Course:
- Outline what tantrums and meltdowns have in common and how they differentiate
- Inform you of why a tantrum or meltdown could occur and who is more likely to experience each
- Describe how a tantrum or meltdown ends
- Provide a tantrum and a meltdown scenario to clarify above learning
- Give the foundational points on how to support someone experiencing a tantrum or meltdown
- Begin discussion on how to move on after distressed behaviour
Meet your Instructor
Laura is Autistic/PDA and ADHD herself. She is a Nurse and Sleep Consultant, Advocate, and also a parent to two Neurodiverse children. So she is living the life and talking the talk. Her speciality is support of Autistic/ADHD people, but her teaching is created in way that can be helpful for all families as the foundations are around mental health, strengthening family relationships and self-advocacy.
Bookings are closed for this event.
This content is restricted to site members.
If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.
Fresh from our Blog
- A Night of Pampering and Purpose: Little Hiccups’ Fundraiser at Lush Leeds White Rose
- Scaling New Heights: An Uplifting Experience at Rokt Foundation
- A Night of Creativity and Community: Our Parent Carer Marbling Workshop
- Add a little creativity
- Honouring Pure Offices: Our Gratitude for Their Support as Charity of the Year