What to expect….
Yoga for children with additional needs includes the classical yoga practices of movement, breathing, deep relaxation combined with sound, rhythm, massage and sensory integration techniques.
Everyone is special. Regardless of abilities, appearance, culture, gender, race or the assumptions society has placed on us.
Between them, the Instructors have completed training with Special Needs Yoga and other training and have the understanding that they can help take children out of their stressed state and help them move into a relaxed state that creates the optimum condition and possibility for positive change. Simply starting by meeting every child with a pure intention to create a practice that encourages them to reach their fullest potential and celebrating the strength within each child we work from there.
The benefits can include:
- Improving motor control and motor planning skills
- Developing physical strength, muscle tone and balance
- Promoting flexibility and correcting postural misalignment
- Increasing self-awareness
- Establishing calm, organised mental states
- Improve concentration
- Reduce hyperactivity
- Relieve respiratory ailments
- Develop the ability to relax
- Release tension
- Reduce fear, frustration and stress
- Enrich the quality and quantity of sleep
Each session is based on the principles of movement, body work, breath-work and creativity. Sessions build upon each other, with each one focusing on a different discipline, including yoga, breath-work, massage, aromatherapy and movement based learning. This approach creates a space for exploration, inspiration and sharing enabling a personalised ‘toolbox’ of strategies for each child.