Course Agenda for ½ Day Event
- Legislation and what it means to family members versus carers
- Servicing equipment-legal requirements LOLER and PUWER
- Safer weight limits for manual lifting and the risk assessment process
- Practical – Principles of Safer Handling
- Hoist and Sling Safety checks including washing instructions!
- Manual Lifting-using a manual lift sling or usual sling for unusual activities
- Best way to use a mobile hoist- it’s all in the angles
- Fitting and Removing slings-biomechanically efficient movement-op tips
- Moving in bed, using in bed management systems, slide sheets and using the profiling bed to assist.
- Sit to Stand Techniques-if appropriate
- Personal Care -tips and tricks
- Questions and Answers
Each in-person course will have a max of 25 attendees and will be in a Workshop followed with a practical format.
The course will run 10am-1pm and there will be lunch provided afterwards as well as time for questions for the in-person course. When booking, please do let me know of any dietary requirements. Bookings close a week before the event to allow planning.
We apologise – but these courses are not suitable for children and there is no childcare available.
Meet your Instructor
Specialist Neurodisability Paediatric and Young Adults Physiotherapist
Specialist Moving and Handling Consultant
MCSP HCPC NBE advanced member
Bookings are closed for this event.
This content is restricted to site members.
If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.
Fresh from our Blog
- A Night of Pampering and Purpose: Little Hiccups’ Fundraiser at Lush Leeds White Rose
- Scaling New Heights: An Uplifting Experience at Rokt Foundation
- A Night of Creativity and Community: Our Parent Carer Marbling Workshop
- Add a little creativity
- Honouring Pure Offices: Our Gratitude for Their Support as Charity of the Year